Pages

Jan 22, 2015

Spicy - Organizing spices

Minced Garlic, Parsley, Chipotle Peppers, and Paprika make up part of the front row
I've been reorganizing the pantry. It's an odd processes, but it's made me feel better about the whole kitchen.

I had hoped it would be ready to share today, but alas - it's not. Instead, I'm here to talk to you about spices! Or, more specifically, the organization thereof.

Up top, you can see the method I went for. Since I have the space, and love the colorful look, I went with half pint mason jars.

Tip: We buy almost all of our spices in bulk and if you haven't, consider it, the savings are phenomenal!

What I love about this method of storage is that you have the ability to use the natural beauty of the spices to add some extra color to your shelves. And, because I'm able to place them on a shelf that is jus below eyelevel, it's super easy to read the labels on the tops.

I do it this way because I have the space and because I buy in bulk... but there are other options if you don't have the space, and if you keep you spices in the bottles/tins they come in from the store.




1. This magnetic spice rack from Practically Functional
2. This awesome use of an IKEA drawer organizer from It's The Life
3. This awesome use of the side of your cabinets from Confessions of a Serial Do-it-yourselfer

1 comment:

  1. I love that thin spice cabinet...I want to see it all at once, not stacked in a deep cabinet!

    ReplyDelete