Pages

May 27, 2014

A Letter to My Girls: Allie



Dear Allie,

In the past few years we haven't had the opportunity to spend as much time together as I'd like. First we moved apart. It was really strange going from 5-ish years of living within the same apartment complex - even in the same apartment for a year - to living what feels like half a state away. 

Then there was school and books. When you started working toward your degree, it was almost like you'd moved again, even though the campus was closer to me than your house was. About the same time, I started working on my novels in earnest and it was like time had decided to join distance on the list of things that were working against us.

You were my first friend in Arizona - a fact I still find ironic since we're both from Oregon to begin with. And you'll always be at the top of my list for tea parties and nights out. Hopefully we'll get to do more of both very soon.

When it came to picking the women who would stand up with me at the wedding, your name was a must on that list.

Thank you for being my friend, Allie. My life is richer for knowing you.

 - Amy



1 comment:

  1. Sweet Allie! It was so nice to meet her! And hot diggity, she looks amazing in ALL the photos with her in it.

    ReplyDelete