Pages

May 29, 2014

A Letter to My Girls: Allison


Dear Allison,

I practically lived at your house throughout our senior year of high school. Your mom probably never wants to see me again. But in all the time I’ve known you, I’ve come to think of you as a sister. Even though we graduated and traveled in different directions (me a little farther), we’ve always been able to star a conversation as through we’ve never spent any time apart. It’s one of the things I love most about our friendship.

You are one of the most creative people I have ever met, and I love the way you make beautiful things a part of your life. My admiration of that has lead to trying to better myself and I will be forever thankful for that. Someday, I’m sure we’ll figure out which of us is the magpie and which is the fox, but for now, I’m pretty sure we’re both happy bouncing back and forth.

I wake up every day to the picture from our final choir concert together. We’re a mess but we’re together. That’s what counts.

There was no way I was going to get married without you there. When I asked you to be my bridesmaid, I was prepared to come up and kidnap you if necessary (okay, not really.)

My life is a song where you are the delightful harmony.

 - Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment