Pages

May 8, 2014

Amy's Wedding: Ceremony (with blooper)

When Earl and I decided to get married, we both agreed on one very important thing. We wanted this to be more party than actual wedding. One of the ways we achieved that was by ditching most of the ceremony.

We walked each other to the backdrop we'd made, there were no chairs, our officiant wore a kilt, and we edited down the ceremony to about three minutes in lenght.






And of course, in paring down the ceremony, I completely forgot to add back in the ring exchange, but even that turned out pretty cute.



Then I had to go and ruin it all by almost falling flat on my face. But, I suppose it wouldn't have been "our" party if I hadn't almost biffed it once.


Curious about our super short wedding ceremony script? Here's how we got hitched.

J: Well, let's get right down to it then, shall we?
Earl do you take Amy to be your wife? Do you promise to change all the flat tires and help her follow random plot threads wherever they might lead?
E: I do
J: Amy, do you take Earl to be your husband? Do you promise to always hold the map on road trips, and put up with his affinity for horror flicks even when they squick you out?
A: I do
J/E: Earl, Please repeat after me. I Earl, take you Amy to be my wife and pledge my love to you through all space and tim.
(repeated with me)
J: Earl and Amy, in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together, love each other, and have each other's backs in the event of a zombie apocalypse, by the authority vested in my by the state of Arizona, I now declare you husband and wive. Congratulations, Amy, you may now kiss your groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment