Pages

Jan 9, 2014

Tea Box {Amy}



If there is one certainty in life… it is that I love tea. And I tend to love people who love tea, too. So I find myself making a lot of tea related gifts around the holidays and sharing tea that I love with friends and family.

This year, for one special family member, I made a special tea box.


I whitewashed a balsa wood box from the craft supply store using a mixture of white acrylic paint and water.


While it dried, I made two small water color flowers. One for the front, and one for the lid. When they dried, I used my trusty archival varnish to seal in the colors.



After they’d both dried, I applied gel medium to the box, adhering the watercolor, and then painting another coat of the medium over top of the watercolor to set the flower, and to protect it further.


Then it was just a matter of filling up the box and wrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment