Pages

Oct 4, 2013

Buttery Andouille Pasta {Amy}


Sometimes, I just need some simple but delicious pasta to get me through the day. When that happens, I usually reach for this tried and true recipe.
Buttery Andouille Pasta (Serves 4):
16oz Pasta (I used Rotini, you can use whatever you like)
2 links of Andouille Sausage
1 stick of Butter
1/4cup Parmesan Cheese (grated finely)
3 cloves of Garlic
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Boil your pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. 
In a separate pot, boil your sausages. After boiling the andouille sausage - I usually do this the night before, if I can remember - Slice them into thin rounds.(I run the links through my slicer blade on my food processor.) Add them to a pan with olive oil, and saute until you get a nice crispness on the outside. Set aside (You can mix this together with the pasta if you want just to get a jump on things)
In a small pot, melt your butter. Add Parmesan, use a micro-plane to grate your garlic in, and add salt and pepper to taste. 
When your sauce is fully melted, combine the pasta, sausage and butter mixture, and stir until the pasta and sausage are coated. You can sprinkle a little Parmesan on top if you want. I'm always a fan of more cheese!

This is seriously one of my favorite meals as we start to head into fall, before the true fall foods inundate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment