Pages

Oct 25, 2013

Green Chile Cheesecake {Amy}


Okay, I know some of you might have seen the title and immediately thought "EEEEW!" I have gotten that reaction a few times in person. Truth be told,  I myself was not 100% on board with it from the get-go, but Earl really wanted me to make it, and I'm a sucker for the guy. So he brought me a burlap sack of Hatch Chiles. Our friends who own a restaurant mercifully roasted them for us so the apartment didn't' smell spicy for the next six months. And so, I made the long promised cheesecake. It actually turned out SO much better than I expected.


Green Chile Cheesecake

- 1 1/4 Cup Nilla Wafers, pulsed through a food processor
- 1/4 Cup melted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 (8oz) Packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (14oz) Can Condensed Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 5-7 Green Chiles, pureed or minced (or both)
- Spring form Pan, Parchment Paper, & Cooking Spray

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

I always prep my spring form by lining the bottom with parchment paper (Depending on your pan, you might also want to use cooking spray for easy removal). Mix your Nilla crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl until crumbs are moist enough to press into the bottom of your spring form pan in an even layer.

Decide what you want to do with your chiles, I like a mixture of both. Beat cream cheese until smooth, add condensed milk slowly, when incorporated, scrape down sides, then add eggs one at a time. Add in green chile and mix only until chiles are mixed throughout.

Pour your batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 40 minutes.

 Remove from oven, let cool on trivet, cover with plastic wrap, chill refridgerator until set.

Remove from Spring Form pan, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment