Pages

Aug 16, 2013

Cookie Dough Ice Cream

I am eating a bowl of this as I type this post. It's so delicious, I've come home every night this week fighting a battle over whether or not I could get away with calling this dinner.

Cookie Dough is one of the few flavors of ice cream I immediately expect to see in any ice cream shop (outside of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry). It's a classic and I love it to death!

And the best part is, it's not that hard to make! All you really need is a vanilla ice cream recipe, and a cookie dough recipe.

Pick your favorite cookie recipe. (I stick with good ol Nestle Toll House script - which always makes me think of Phoebe and Monica in that one episode of Friends.)

Vanilla Ice Cream

1cup Whole Milk
2cups Heavy Cream
3/4cup Granulated Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1tsp Vanilla Extract

Combine Milk, Cream and Sugar in a stock pot, simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is completely dissolved.

Add Salt and Vanilla, place in a bowl and place bowl in an ice bath, stirring occasionally until cool.
Refrigerate 6 hours (or overnight)

Follow instructions on your ice cream maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment